Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hot Rods

If you are ever looking for an inexpensive family outing that boys will love, go to the Old Town Spring Texas Hot Rod Show.

Old Town Spring is pretty interesting on it's own, if you are me, but not to teenage boys. Lots of little Knick-knack shops, delis, etc. Add 400 antique cars parked along the streets and you have just entered boy heaven!

Here's the run down.

Parking = (drumroll) $3.00

Entry Fee = $0

Great lunch @ Wunsche Cafe = $45

3 Ice Cream cones & 1 piece of Fudge = $8.75

Yeah, it was kind of warm, but well worth the sweat. My boys loved it and me, I grew up with muscle cars. The skipping rhythm of a big block engine with a racing cam is music to my ears. The only thing that could have made the day better, would have been for someone to offer us a ride in a Rod.

All in all, a great day with a total cost 60 odd dollars. You can't easily beat that!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tigpan said...

Ha ha! That sounds like great fun! I would have loved to have seen their faces!! :-)
Love you guys

9:55 AM  
Blogger Kick Ass said...

Wow, I bet the boys had fun! I love Old Town Spring!! It makes me feel like we are in a small town in the middle of nowhere!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home