Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I have officially been "Godsmacked"!

My ears are still ringing!

Rock concerts are supposed to be loud, right, but I was 4ft. away from the stage! When Sully came over to the left, I was close enough to see the sweat dripping from his face and to note that his eyes are a pale green color! Also, he is tiny! He can't be any taller than me (5'6") but what a huge voice.

All in all, a great concert.

Found a new band to follow in one of the opening bands, ShineDown. I don't know the singer's name, but what a voice!

Rob Zombie was next. He's really skinny. I like some of his music but the lead guitarist needs to have a little more respect for the fans. In today's day and age, it is NOT appropriate to spit on people, even if you are a Rock Star!

Godsmack closed, and was definitely worth the wait. I wish they could have played longer but they are human and have human limitations just like the rest of us. An hour and a half just seems so short. There was so much material that they didn't have time to play. When they return to this area in years to come (or near wherever we may be), we will go again, and next time take the kids with us.

Steve was even impressed and he's very jaded when it comes to concerts if it's anyone other than Judas Priest.

Now if we could just get Priest and Godsmack to tour together. The perfect concert!


Update Nov. 28

I was right! I was killing time on the internet and decided to look at some biography info on Sully Erna. He is 5 feet, 6 inches tall! His nickname is "Shortstop" Hahahahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home