Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What's that smell?

As you know I have 2 new cats. One is 2-years-old and has been front declawed and neutered (thank God!). The other is younger and is in possession of all his body parts, well, up until this morning he was.

Do you have any idea of the potentcy of adult male cat urine? It must rank right up there with skunk spray on the stink scale! I've been told that there are actually people who cannot detect the odor. I am not one of these genetically blessed humans!

Despite my best efforts to keep Hobbes out of certain areas of the house until he was neutered, he got into not 1 but 2 different walk-in closets in my house and left his mark! My morning has consisted of trying to pinpoint the offending area and clean it. What has me baffled is for an odor that is so noxious, it's extremely hard to pinpoint unless you actually find a puddle. I have now emptied half the contents from both closets, wiped the baseboards and trim, shampooed the carpet, and I'm still not sure if I've removed the odor. Not to mention I now have at least 25 loads of laundry consisting of clothing that has a faint aroma.

Is there an electronic device which could chemically detect the source of the odor? I know that there are sprays which contain enzymes that "eat" the urine, but I have to know where to spray!

I think I'm going to take a break and go run 2 miles to clear my nostrils. Right now everything smells like cat pee!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tigpan said...

Oh the joys of cat ownership! :)
AW

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home