Saturday, March 11, 2006

Fate, Karma, or Divine Providence, part II


And on a lighter note...

Anyone who reads my Blog knows that my cherished cat Sam passed away last week, and you know the story of how he came to be a part of my family.

My husband read that very first Blog and stated that I should not try to get another cat until I had one of my "feelings". We had pretty much decided we would not even entertain the notion until after a trip we have planned later this spring. Ironically, we had already decided to get not 1 but 2 cats and that we would name them Calvin and Hobbes.

Soooo.....

I'm talking on the phone with a friend and I hear her cats meowing at her as she enters her apartment. I say to her, "Oh, I hear your kitties!"
She affirms this and proceeds to tell me how she is going to have to get rid of the male, Rocky, because he has become so aggressive.

Now I need to digress for a moment.

Eight months ago when this very same cat was a kitten, she was considering giving him away for other reasons. My family had considered taking him then but our vet was against it (Sam's health was delicate) and my friend decided to keep him anyway.

Back to the present.

With the statement, "I'm going to have to get rid of him." a veritable shotgun blast of reaction blows through my mind. Fate. Something went click and the next thing I knew, we were working out the details of transfer.

The next day, I drive to Kingwood, and return with an extra passenger. My kids are thrilled, etc, etc, etc. We go to Petsmart to buy Rocky a collar. As I'm walking down the aisles I happen to pass the animal adoption center with my older son Chris. We look at the cats. In the bottom, left corner cage, laying with his back to us is a large 2 year old male cat named Lancelot. His coloring was so similar to my dearly departed Sam's that I just had to get a look at his face. We enter the adoption area and are astounded to see that Lancelot has blue eyes. As a matter of fact, he looks so like Sam that they could have been litter mates!

Fate! I say again, FATE!

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Calvin and Hobbes


1 Comments:

Blogger Tigpan said...

I cannot believe how much Calvin looks like Sam. It is scary! :)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home